Lend Perspectives to SGU Launch

This Sunday, students from all different clubs, activities, teams and advisory boards will gather in the early evening in Copley Formal Lounge for the launch of the Student Group Union. News writer Matthew Strauss alluded to this event in his article, “Student Groups Band Together,” (Oct. 14, A5) in last Friday’s issue of The Hoya. Over the past couple of weeks, a group of undergraduates has worked to develop the SGU, a platform where student groups can better communicate, collaborate and advocate with one another.

Committing to the SGU constitution is not a prerequisite for attending the kickoff event. The summit on Sunday will be a unique opportunity for students to share their ideas and shape the SGU’s agenda. In order for the SGU to be sustainable, it needs to hear the voices of more student groups and younger leaders.

We recognize that Sundays are busy days for Georgetown students — especially with Homecoming this weekend — but we hope that if you care about undergraduate student life on the Hilltop, you will be there to participate. Whether you are your club’s treasurer or a student who is not yet affiliated with any group, your perspective on student activities at Georgetown is valuable and worth sharing.

Bridget Power (COL ‘12)

GUSA Senator