MEN’S CREW | Hoyas Compete in Princeton

The Georgetown men’s lightweight crew team travelled to Lake Carnegie in Princeton, N.J., to face a duo of Ivy League opponents Saturday. The No. 11 Hoyas took on both No. 3 Princeton and No. 9 Penn, finishing third in each of the three races in which they participated. The 2000-meter regatta saw generally calm conditions with temperatures ranging from the high 40s to mid-50s, with slight headwinds.

Georgetown finished third in the varsity eight with a time of 6:10.1. The Hoyas completed the race five seconds behind the second-place Quakers and 10 seconds behind the first-place Tigers, who finished in 6:00.8.

The second varsity-eight race saw the Hoyas again finish third with a time of 6:40.3, putting them 23 seconds behind second-place Princeton and 43 seconds behind first-place Penn, who finished with a time of 6:14.5.

The Blue and Gray finished only one second outside second place in the third varsity eight, with a time of 6:30.5. The Quakers finished just ahead of the Hoyas with a time of 6:29.2, and the Tigers won comfortably, finishing 20 seconds ahead of both Penn and Georgetown with a time of 6:09.4.

The Hoyas did not compete in the fourth varsity race, but Princeton won with a time of 6:25.5, compared to Penn’s 6:38.2.

The Hoyas will now return home to race on the Potomac against Temple on Saturday, April 28.